Sunday, June 22, 2008

Back To Atlanta

Last week we were really enjoying life being in Maine. That didn't last very long. By last Friday we knew we were heading back down to Atlanta pretty soon. Finally about 3:00pm on Monday I had everything wrapped up and all the approvals I needed to take off. Three hours later we were on the road heading to Atlanta. It absolutly amazes me how efficient we are getting at this whole thing. We drove Monday night, Tuesday, and Wednesday to make it down. Within a couple of hours after arriving at the hotel we were all moved in and felt like we were home. It is pretty pitiful to think that vacation is being at home and living in a hotel is the norm.

I am happy to be down here because of the work I will now be able to do, the way I'll be able to contribute to getting this project done, and last but not least the money I am making. I have been very blessed to have Madeline and especially Janet be so flexible and willing to tag along on such a crazy adventure. My biggest regret is when I see Madeline in the portable cribe asleep and stretched out. She now nearly touches both ends, and when I see her I feel bad that I have not been able to give her the proper bed she deserves.

While it is tough at times we are still managing to have a lot of fun. We brought our bikes and the bike trailer down with us. Yesterday I had my third free Saturday since December and we went to a really nice bike trail called the Silver Comet Trail and rode for about 15 miles. The majority of the trip Madeline was in the bike trailer fast asleep as Janet and I pounded down the trail. The bike trailer has actually worked out really well to equalize the workload when i go biking with Janet. Usually I am pushing Janet too hard or I am going too easy to make the trip enjoyable for both of us, but the trailer makes it workout just right. I guess over the next few weeks we will probably get some visitors such as the Lundbergs, Rissie, Caitlin, my Dad and Jenny. We look forward to seeing everyone, but we really wish you all could visit us at our home in Maine or at any home in any location rather than a hotel. Such is life. Anyway we love you all and miss you.