Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Birthday From A Big Brother

Fun pictures! I remember when Erin was born and how cool that was to have a new little sister. Obviously Jenny is my older sister, Caitlin in my little, little sister, and Becca is my younger sister, but I have always felt like Erin was my little sister. Not that my last sentance made sense, but let my try to explain. Anytime Erin has a major life accomplishment I just feel like I am getting older and really moving forward. Also I feel life's timing hasn't allowed me to witness and be apart of alot of the best things. When Erin turned 8 years old I was really sad that I was still a few months from being able to old enough to baptize her, and I remember how special a moment that was for me. Next I remember when she turned 16. Again I missed out on being the big brother who was able to teach his little sister how to drive because I was out at school. Next one of the best things was being out at school when Erin first came out to school. That was one of the highlights of my life being able to have my "younger" sister and my "little" sister at school while I was in school. It was one of those cool moments and periods of time when my little sister had caught up to me if for a short period of time. I am actually really sad that I didn't get to spend more time out there while Erin was there, but we had to keep moving forward. Next came Erin's meeting Craig, their courtship, and marriage. Fortunatly I was really blessed with awesome timing while in the midst of an insane and crazy job to be able to witness my little sister's marriage. Because Erin is 8 years younger than I am, it is so much fun when my sister does things that are grown up because she seems like the little baby at the hospital I remember seeing when we lived in Colorado. I love you and wish I could be around more often and especially for a birthday dinner like we would do out a school while Jenny, Becca, and I were there. As we have been separated from the family and have been traveling so much, it gets to be really hard to be away for so long and to be so far away and not be able to share Madeline's growing up except through pictures and the stories on a blog. Anyway happy birthday.