Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Great Week

Rick Steve's Summary of Christmas in Norway

I thought this was a great little video about some of the Christmas traditions in Norway.


Santa Lucia

So Santa Lucia day is September 13. Janet was able to get this picture.



Our Stuff and Car Is Here!


Our stuff and car got to us this week. Our house is feeling like a home and our car has already had a huge impact on our ability to get out and see stuff without much hassle.






Julebord

Christmas is in full swing. Last night I had the company Christmas party. In Norway they call it a Julebord. From the explanation they gave the origins are pagan and were late adopted by the Vikings. The tradition was later reestablished post WWII. It has turned into an evening of traditional foods and lots of Norwegian alcohol. Anyway I am not usually one to go to parties like that, but I actually really enjoyed the dinner and the company. I work with a great group of people.

First Real Snow

We've had snow on the ground for some time now, but today was the first time we really got snow. The kids really enjoyed themselves and I was amazed by how well the snow tires really work.







Breakfast at the Ambassador's House

Every year the Ambassador hosts a Christmas breakfast at his house for the embassy staff and their families. Everyone really enjoyed the event. Madeline got all dressed up because I told her I was taking her to a mansion.